Click on the image to the right to view the original Report Document
THE CORRUPT BUSINESS OF CHILD PROTECTIVE
BY: Nancy Schaefer
Senator, 50th District
“I have come to the conclusion:
· that poor parents often times are targeted to lose their children because they do not have the where-with-all to hire lawyers and fight the system. Being poor does not mean you are not a good parent or that you do not love your child, or that your child should be removed and placed with strangers;
· that all parents are capable of making mistakes and that making a mistake does not mean your children are always to be removed from the home. Even if the home is not perfect, it is home; and that’s where a child is the safest and where he or she wants to be, with family;
· that parenting classes, anger management classes, counseling referrals, therapy classes and on and on are demanded of parents with no compassion by the system even while they are at work and while their children are separated from them. This can take months or even years and it emotionally devastates both children and parents. Parents are victimized by “the system” that makes a profit for holding children longer and “bonuses” for not returning children;
· that caseworkers and social workers are oftentimes guilty of fraud. They withhold evidence. They fabricate evidence and they seek to terminate parental rights. However, when charges are made against them, the charges are ignored;
· that the separation of families is growing as a business because local governments have grown accustomed to having taxpayer dollars to balance their ever-expanding budgets;
· that Child Protective Service and Juvenile Court can always hide behind a confidentiality clause in order to protect their decisions and keep the funds flowing.
There should be open records and “court watches”! Look who is being paid!”…
To read more of Senator Nancy Schaefer’s report, please click on the report document above.
I would also like to add that so many people ask the question “Why is it that many children are NOT removed when they are in fact in danger, even where there have been several reports made?” I have posed this question to the County Board of Supervisor’s office, and was told that “if a child is difficult to place, or if a child is moved more than 3 or 4 times, Social Services gets docked funds and audited on that case” indicating that a combative or “difficult child” would potentially or probably moved several times per year, thus that child is not economically lucrative to the Department and employees.
(Foster Parents and Adoptive Parents are also employees in that they will continue to get paid a check each month they keep that child, until that child is either removed or 18, 21 or no longer in need of services beyond 18. The child is FULLY SUPPORTED by the government even after adoption has been granted.. it’s a guaranteed pay check for the child(ren))
post by Sandra Ami
6 responses to “THE CORRUPT BUSINESS OF CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES”
Very interesting read. I’ve had my own experiences with CPS and though it wasn’t bad, I certainly didn’t care for it. As for government targeting the poor. . . , yeah, they are always easy targets.
Senator Schaefer hit the nail right on the head and it is my understanding she has done a lot of excellent work for children. However, CPS is in bad shape throughout the country. They are largely inept with untrained workers and don’t need evidence to steal your children. In one case, a woman lost her daughter because the child was overweight! Come to find out she had a thyroid problem. As much respect as I have for people like Mrs.Schaefer it is one thing to talk about it, something else to do something about it. I am currently going through a rough time dealing with these legalized kidnappers and have created a blog about it at http://defeatdcs.blogspot.com/
I want to alert people to what is going on and what you can do about it. Child abuse is a horrible thing, but stealing kids from innocent parents is as well.
Senator Schaefer is a wonderful lady – she has fought very hard for children and families. Great article
Hey, nice tips. Perhaps I’ll buy a bottle of beer to the man from that chat who told me to go to your site 🙂
They definitely target the poor because poor people cannot afford to hire good attorneys. The problem is they are not into fact finding at all. That means that many innocent people are found “guilty” and many guilty people aren’t properly investigated. They target certain people which means children are not being protected. Yet, you can forget our politicans ever doing anything about it.
In my case, I basically have been set up by my exwife and was found “guilty” by DCS of something I absolutely did not do. I have not seen my children in months but I will never admit to something I did not do. DCS does not care at all.
I am not trying to spam your board, but I set up an online petition about the corruption in Tennessee. I encourage you and your readers to sign my petition. While the petition is still in the beginning stages, I want you and your readers to read the comments already left by frustrated people. So many people have had similar experiences to mine and yours. Look through the comments and see if you can relate to any of it. I definitely hope you will help me in my case and feel free to let me know if I can do anything to help. I know of others who want to help to. Thank you for hitting the nail right on the head.